Its never too late to work on your 6 pack. Personal Trainer Derek Gardner gives some tips on how to tone your stomach.
1. Stop doing sit ups. Doing 100 sit ups every morning will build really stron hip flexors, but wont do much for your 6 pack.
2. Vary your abdominal exercises. You need to work your abdominals from all angles.
3. Do big compound movements. Exercises like squats, deadlifts, and bench press, will all help to build your 6 pack or tone your stomach region.
4. Work your Abdominals at the end of the session. Your abdominals, or core muscles play an important role in stabilising you body while you are training. so its best not to fatigue them at the start of your session.
5. Keep cardio short and intense. If you want to torch that layer of body fat covering your abs, keep your cardio sessions short and intense.
6. Keep your diet clean and lean. Its no use doing all that hard work in the gym, if you are not eating the correct food. You wouldn’t put cheap petrol in a Rolls Royce.
7. Vary your sessions. Your abdominals are just the same as any other muscle group. You need to vary your workouts, to keep your muscles guessing, and to keep them stimulated.
Visit Derek’s website: www.healthmattersplus.co.uk